Dhaka, Feb 20 (Just News): In the wake of repeated question paper leaks during the ongoing Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examinations, the government has planned to introduce a new method from next year to prevent the problem.
The government, however, has not yet disclosed what the new method would be, but it said the method will be fixed through discussions.
The plan was made at an inter-ministry meeting at the secretariat on Tuesday.
"The education ministry has planned to hold the Secondary School Certificate examinations through a new process from the next year," secondary and higher secondary division of the education ministry, secretary Md Sohrab Hossain told journalists after the meeting.
Education minister Nurul Islam Nahid, home minister Asaduzzaman Khan and posts and telecommunications and information technology minister Mustafa Jabbar, secretaries at different ministries and high officials at different departments attended the meeting.
Asked whether there will be multiple choice questions (MCQs), Md Sohrab Hossain said that he personally does not support MCQs. But, MCQs will be discontinued methodically after prime minister's direction he said.
He said that they have no options to take upcoming Higher Secondary Certificate examinations in a new method but they discussed how they could check question paper leak in the exams starting from 2 April.
The secretary also said that a total of 152 people have, so far, been arrested for their involvement in question paper leak during the ongoing SSC exams.