Tuesday January 17, 2017
National
10 January 2017, Tuesday
Print
Cox’s Bazar Ansar camp attack
2 robbers held, firearms recovered
Justnews -
Cox’s Bazar, Jan 10 (Just News): Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in an overnight drive recovered, what they said, three of the 11 firearms looted on May 13 last year in an Ansar camp attack at Teknaf in Cox’s Bazar.

The recovery was made in a drive following yesterday's arrest of two members of the “robber gang” who were accused in a case filed over the attack on the Ansar camp.

One SMG, a Chinese rifle, an M2 Chinese rifle, six magazines and several rounds of bullets have been recovered from inside dense forest of Naikhyangchari upazila in Bandarban so far in the drive that started last night and was still continuing until last reported at 10:20am.

Meanwhile, Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) Director General Benazir Ahmed and the director general of Bangladesh Ansar and Village Defence Party (VDP) are visiting the spot in Naikhyangchari.

A press briefing will be held in this regard later in the day, the correspondent said.

The two detainees: Khairul Amin and Abul Kalam Azad were arrested from Kutupalang area in Ukhiya upazila last evening, said Lt. Col Ashequr Rahman, company commander of Cox's Bazar Rab camp.

Yesterday, acting on a tip-off, a team of Rab-7 launched a drive at Kutupalang and arrested the duo for their alleged involvement in the killing of an Ansar member inside a Rohingya refugee camp in Teknaf upazila.

On May 13, Ansar member Ali Hossain, 55, was shot dead and 11 firearms were looted during the attack inside the Rohingya refugee camp in Teknaf upazila.

 (Just News/gys/1210hr)
























Give a Comment
National :: More News
Home
Photo Gallery
Contact