A cotton mill and a sawmill were gutted by a fire in Lohagara upazila on Monday afternoon, leaving a worker injured.
Witnesses said the fire originated at the cotton mill at Laxmipasha from an electric short circuit. It soon spread to nearby sawmill.
Two machines of the cotton mill and 60 tonnes of cotton, and timber, all worth Tk 20 lakh, were burned down in the fire, claimed cotton mill owner Jamir Uddin.
On information, a team of firefighters rushed in and brought the fire under control.
The injured worker was sent to Lohagara Upazila Health Complex.