Barron Trump, youngest son of US President Donald Trump had COVID-19 with no symptoms and now tests negative, said Melania Trump.
The US first lady came up with the family health update on Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
"It was two weeks ago when I received the diagnosis that so many Americans across our country and the world had already received - I tested positive for COVID-19. To make matters worse, my husband, and our nation's Commander-in-Chief, received the same news," she said.
"Naturally my mind went immediately to our son. To our great relief he tested negative, but again, as so many parents have thought over the past several months, I couldn't help but think 'what about tomorrow or the next day?' My fear came true when he was tested again and it came up positive. Luckily he is a strong teenager and exhibited no symptoms."
"He has since tested negative," the first lady said of her 14-year-old son.
Melania said she experienced a "roller coaster of symptoms," praising the medical care the first family received.
"I experienced body aches, a cough and headaches, and felt extremely tired most of the time. I chose to go a more natural route in terms of medicine, opting more for vitamins and healthy food," she said.
Stephanie Grisham, the first lady's chief of staff and spokeswoman, told USA TODAY on Oct. 2 that Barron "has tested negative, and all precautions are being taken to ensure he's kept safe and healthy."
Trump announced in the early morning on October 2 that he and his wife had tested positive for COVID-19. Before and after their infection, a number of White House staff also tested positive for the virus.
White House physician Sean Conley said on Monday that Trump tested negative for COVID-19, hours before the president returned to his reelection campaign trail in key swing state Florida.