The world saw a descending number of new daily deaths from the coronavirus for two consecutive days.
Daily death toll around the world from the coronavirus rose to 3,731 on Monday, taking the total number of deaths to 5,74,981. It is 391 lower than that of the previous day, which was 4,122.
A week ago, on July 6, the number of new deaths worldwide was 3,577 and a week before that on June 29, it was 3,441.
According to Worldometers, a total of 575,545 individuals have died so far from the coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak as of Tuesday, July 14, 2020. There are currently 12,945,505 confirmed cases in 212 countries and regions.
Till now, the number of active cases stands at 4,963,263.
Of the active cases 4,905,290 (99%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 58,881 (1%) have been marked as serious or critical.
At the same time, 7,696,551 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 93% of cases which had an outcome.
The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 575,543 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 7% of cases which had an outcome.
In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into an outbreak.
The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.
Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 212 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.